Sunday, June 4, 2017

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Review *

       The year is 1926, and young Newt Scamander, famed author of the book Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, finds himself in New York City. He sneaks in a case filled with his creatures. When an disaster occurs as well as one of his creatures escaping, Newt Scamander along with a Muggle and two feisty witches must come together to reveal the culprit of the disaster and find Newt's creatures.

       I had a lot of feels about this movie. Mostly good ones. I was impressed with the case first of all. Eddie Redmayne did an outstanding job portraying a young Newt Scamander. He was the perfect mix of weird, smart, and magical creature-obsessed. The actress who plays Queenie stole the show with her sassy attitude, beauty, and let's be honest, the part where Queenie (who knows the fact that she can use her beauty to get what she wants) tricks her boss into letting Newt and Jacob escape. Jacob stole my heart. Porpentina and Newt's suggestive relationship makes me impatient for the next installment in the series.

Things I didn't like: Johnny Depp as Gellert Grindelwald. To me it made the entire movie corny as hell. It was almost ruined because of Johnny Depp. Not only was it corny but that's not how I imagined Grindelwald at all.

Overall though, I adored this film. I'm terribly excited for the latest installment in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment