Thursday, June 16, 2016

Daniel Radcliffe Won't Be Seeing 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'

      Although there is a whole new cast taking the places of some of the old cast members from the movies, many of us are undoubtedly wondering if any of the previous cast members will be queuing up to see the newest installment in the HP series, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. 

      Daniel Radcliffe had a bit to say on the matter. During a recent appearance on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, Dan had this to say... "I want to see the show. I genuinely am intrigued and I;ve heard it's fantastic... I just feel like sitting in an audience of what for the most part - for the near future - will be very enthusiastic Harry Potter fans might be... not a relaxing way to see the show, I guess. So not for the time being."

Daniel Radcliffe


     Radcliffe went on to say that he thinks Jamie Parker (who will be playing the older version of Harry) is a great actor. "I'm very excited to see him playing me," he said. "And maybe a lot of questions can shift to him now. He can do all the Harry press!" 

Daniel Radcliffe and Jamie Parker (the actor playing Harry in The Cursed Child)

     Personally I think that it is very thoughtful of Daniel Radcliffe not to see the show, even though he would like to.  He's right in thinking that his appearance at the play will cause an uproar because avid Harry Potter fans are definitely going to be filling all of the seats for a long time. His appearance there, I think, would distract the audience from the fact that there is an entirely new cast and story.

No comments:

Post a Comment